Open letter to Indian Prime Minister Shri Dr. Manmohan Singh and Shri Rahul Gandhi

Respected Shri Dr. Manmohan Singh and Shri Rahul Gandhi, 


I am K Govindan Nampoothiry, Journalist from Kochi, Kerala. 


Your visit and Sri Rahul Gandhi's visit to Kerala on April 9th, 2011, in connection with election campaign recently that paralyzed the life of Keralaites especially Kochites lead me to write this mail. As a martyr of your 'horrible and illogic' visit I hope I am the right person to convey the 'hot' experiences.


Election campaign from you and young brigade (Rahul) may have satisfied hundreds of Congress activists. However, remember, the number of public who bore the brunt due to your journey was more than that. 


For your 15-minute speech, ( I am not blaming you) the State Police force was harassing public. On that day, I had some official works and travelled to my office as usual. Horribly, it took three hours to reach my office!!! Remember, we sat in the bus amidst severe heat and positively thought that traffic jam could be over in the next 30 minutes. Nothing happened. The same was occurred when UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi visited Kochi. 


I am not against your campaign / visit to Kerala. But onus rests on you not to harass public on account of your visit. Just allow public to   go offices and back to home without creating huge traffic blocks. 


I am confused. Why you have been disturbing people. What you need actually. If this is the case, people like me who strongly believe in democracy have to take guns and bombs in hand to destroy the opportunistic politicians.  


Simply, what we need is - Peaceful life. If you cannot promise that, we may have to choose the other side of naxalism. 


Thanking you, 


K Govindan Nampooothiry,
Journalist 
Kochi 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.