Namboothiri Industrial Consortium: No democracy at all

Dear Friends, 


The recent developments in #Kerala-based #Namboothiri Industrial Consortium (NIC) prompted me to write this post and update you the reality. The project started off with high expectations is now shrinking to a group led by ego people with vested interests. A few entrepreneurs started hijacking it suddenly! 

I was associating with the project from its inception. Participated actively in group discussions and attended the inauguration function also. I demanded separate FB page and Whats app group for creative discussions and to make the project happen at any cost. Whenever I meet young Nampoothiris who have business plans/idea, I informed them about this initiative and the necessity of making this a grand success. I also posted several positive news and events related to business in Namboothiri Industrial Consortium's FB page thinking that it would benefit interested business class. 

When the office bearers announced that they have finalized the project name, I expressed my unhappiness. Is expressing our view a crime? Is it not permitted in a project led by people? However, when I wrote that I'm not convinced about the brand name, a few entrepreneurs who don't have the quality of an entrepreneur started posting that "they are not worrying about comments from anybody" and a "smart" and "down-to-earth" lady entrepreneur stressed a useful quote for herself. Infact, it was an advice for herself. These entrepreneurs expressed their countless support to the venture also. The irritating comments from these entrepreneurs embarrassed me and I replied to the office bearer asking for the fault behind my comment and why they are keeping mum on comments from "entrepreneurs" that degrade the interest of members like me. they might have forgotten that they are living in a democratic country? It is an intrusion to Freedom of Expression. 

I strongly believe that two entrepreneurs had crossed their limit. Besides, if they had atleast one quality to become an entrepreneur, they should have encouraged #youngentrepreneurs to build a pool of quality #Namboothirientrepreneurs who can make a difference in society and to elevate our community to new heights. Even a warm welcome from their side would be enough. The office bearers of Namboothiri Industrial Forum, sans considering my efforts positively, rather than taking action against egoistic entrepreneurs, ended up some where without clarity. When an office bearer sent a private message about the finalization of brand name, I told my views very clearly. It shows that the project lacks vision and prime importance is for ego. No wonder it would happen when an egoistic person is part of the decision committee!!!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.